Images borrowed from Holycrap.com
With generations to come, we are developing newer methods of packaging food, inventing various types of fast food and other unhealthy consumables. Skipping meals, diets, etc. are very common trends among young people today. With all of these changing trends and lifestyle habits, health problems like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc. have gained the upper hand. It is now of paramount importance to make sure that our diet includes highly nutritious vegetables and naturally grown foods. There are innumerable vegetables and fruits that contain protein and all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Here are a few of them
1. SWEET POTATOES- Sweet potatoes are starchy, sweet vegetables that are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Sweet potatoes are very preferred because they are high in beta-carotene, a protein antioxidant that protects eyesight. Beta-carotene can also help reduce the risk of breast and ovarian cancer in postmenopausal women. The antioxidants the vegetables contain help fight certain types of cancer. Purple sweet potatoes can also improve brain function.
2. BROCCOLI- Broccoli, which is high in antioxidants, helps fight oxidative stress that damages cells and causes inflammation. A key ingredient in broccoli is a photochemical that plays an important role in improving airborne toxin detoxification, and also helps reduce the risk of cancer. It supports the digestive process and provides an energy source for the healthy bacteria that are in our intestines. Broccoli is consumed in all forms such as raw, steamed and roasted. They are also taken as a salad.
3. AVOCADOS – Avocado is another unique fruit that is incredibly nutritious in many ways. It is added to various dishes because of its rich texture and good taste. Avocados are very rich in potassium compared to bananas. Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. Fiber is another element that avocados are relatively rich in. Eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. After some analyzed data, it was found that people who eat avocados are much healthier than people who don’t eat this fruit.
4. BLUEBERRY- Blueberries are sweet berries that are juicy and nutritious. They are eaten raw or incorporated into many dishes. Blueberries can support heart health, bone strength, skin health, blood pressure, diabetes management, cancer prevention, and mental health. The sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals helps maintain bone structure and strength. The vitamin C they have helps improve health.
5. RASPBERRIES – Raspberries are another great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are high in vitamins C and E, selenium, and antioxidants. Due to the presence of a good amount of antioxidants, they contribute to brain and neurological system health. The fiber in raspberries helps control blood pressure, cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, and strokes. Raspberries contain the antioxidant zeaxanthin, which filters out harmful blue rays of light.
With the increasing number of health problems today, it is obvious that our diet must be strictly healthy. Ingesting nutritious food is very important. We have to make sure that we reduce the amount of fast food as much as possible and prefer to have more green leafy vegetables and fruits.